DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Additional easy setups missing (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/238013-additional-easy-setups-missing.html)

Daniel Ridicki June 26th, 2009 01:57 AM

Additional easy setups missing

On my Mac Book Pro 17, both in Final Cut and Compressor, I only have basic easy setups available. No ProRes HQ etc. On my 8 core desktop Mac Pro, all are available. The funny thing is that all the setups are present in Additional Easy Setup folder, but are somehow not available in mentioned applications. They are simply not listed. What am I missing? Any help appreciated.

Nigel Barker June 26th, 2009 02:09 AM

You need to copy the Additional Easy Setups files from

Macintosh HD>Applications>Final Cut Pro Additional Easy Setups>English
to
Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Final Cut Pro System Support>Custom Settings

Daniel Ridicki June 28th, 2009 12:13 AM

Thanks Nigel

It is great to have access to the wisdom of the guys in this forum. I am new to Mac, and still in the process of finding my ways around. Thanks!

Juan Todoli June 28th, 2009 06:34 AM

Nice you resolved the issue Daniel.

& if you permited me a question to Nigel about it:

I've located: Macintosh HD>Applications>Final Cut Pro Additional Easy Setups>English
to

But, when I search:

Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Final Cut Pro System Support>Custom Settings

Do not have Final Cut Pro System Suport folder but this two:

Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Final Cut Studio/DVD Studio Pro

and

Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Final Cut Studio/Motion

Where's supposed I have to copy those Additional Easy Setup files to?

Thanks in advance.

Nigel Barker June 28th, 2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juan Todoli (Post 1164414)

I don't recall now whether I need to create that directory or whether it was created when FCS was installed. There should be a

Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support>Final Cut Pro System Support>Plugins which is where extra Plugins get installed

I would just go ahead & create the directory & copy the files into it.

Juan Todoli June 28th, 2009 08:27 AM

Ok Nigel.

Thanks.

Daniel Ridicki June 28th, 2009 11:07 PM

No change

Nigel, Juan,

I was a bit too fast to declare it works. It does not! And, to make it even more strange, additional setups ARE present in the folder suggested by Nigel:

Checked my son's Mac Book Pro only to discover identical problem: all easy setups listed in both folders, but not present in applications. What am I missing?

Christopher Drews June 29th, 2009 12:52 AM

Please note : You are looking in the wrong Library>Application Support

1 Attachment(s)
It's confusing - I know. There are two Library's on every OS X system.
The problem you stated above is because you are looking in the user's Library instead of system's Library. See attached screenshot which show's both paths.

Hope this helps,
-C

Nigel Barker June 29th, 2009 03:23 AM

If Finder is confusing you then open up a terminal window & enter the following line exactly (I suggest that you use cut & paste) & then hit <RETURN>

ls '/Applications/Final Cut Pro Additional Easy Setups.localized/English.localized/'

You should see a listing of the Easy Setups that you need to copy & if you enter the following it should list the ones available to confirm that you have copied to the correct directory.

ls '/Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro System Support/Custom Settings/'

Daniel Ridicki June 29th, 2009 06:09 AM

OK guys - it is there!!!

Thanks a lot guys. In is there and it works as supposed. Best regards.