Final Cut Studio Class available at Phoenix College 08/25 - 12/18/2009 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 20th, 2009, 08:20 AM   #1
Major Player

Final Cut Studio Class available at Phoenix College 08/25 - 12/18/2009

Phoenix College is offering TCM241AB "Introduction to Non-Linear Editing: Final Cut Pro" this Fall.

Don't be fooled by the "Introduction" title - this class will take you on a tour of the entire Final Cut Studio suite of applications!

The first half of the semester will cover just about everything Final Cut Pro, using the same textbook as the Apple Pro Training courses. The second half of the semester will consist of overviews and practical exercises in the rest of the pro apps. You'll learn text effects and 3D motion graphics with LiveType and Motion, advanced color correction in Color, common audio repair and multi track mixing in Soundtrack Pro, and DVD authoring in DVD Studio Pro.

The class meets Tuesdays, 5-9pm 08/25-12/18/2009, conveniently located at the Downtown Phoenix College Campus, 640 N. First Ave. right across the street from the historic First Studios. There is a brand-new computer lab outfitted with new Mac Pros and Cinema Displays. There are only 15 seats available in the lab, which will make this a very intimate class, and allow for plenty of one-one-one instruction. For Maricopa County residents, tuition is only $71/credit, which makes this $284 4-credit class a great bargain.

For more information, or to register, please visit:

Phoenix College

(just search the class schedule for TCM241AB)

Full disclosure: I've been teaching the class the last 5 semesters at Scottsdale Community College, and I think it's really developed into a good, well-rounded class. I've had several full-time video producers as students who've given me rave reviews. Unfortunately, SCC had to drop the Fall class due to budgetary concerns (I'm scheduled to teach it again at SCC in Spring 2010), so I've been asked and have agreed to teach the class this Fall at Phoenix College.

Scott Anderson
Instructor, TCM241AB
Scott Anderson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite