DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   The NEW Final Cut Studio announced today! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/239565-new-final-cut-studio-announced-today.html)

Michael Galvan July 23rd, 2009 07:18 AM

The NEW Final Cut Studio announced today!

It's finally here!

Apple - Final Cut Studio

Michael Lyas July 23rd, 2009 07:32 AM

New "Final Cut Studio" & "Logic Studio"

Read all about it:

Apple - Final Cut Studio

Apple - Logic Studio

Yea!

Have good read

Michael

Mike Browning July 23rd, 2009 07:34 AM

Holy shikes.

Edit: It's not available for purchase yet though... maybe they're still getting it updated in the Apple store?

Peter Dunphy July 23rd, 2009 07:48 AM

Ouch - I only have just bought and registered FCS2.

New one available to buy now

Just noticed this:

"Upgrade from prior versions of Final Cut Studio, Production Suite, or Final Cut Pro*"

There's hope at last!

Heath McKnight July 23rd, 2009 07:48 AM

Talk about a quiet announcement! Apple wasn't kidding about 86-ing debuting it at a major show, like NAB, etc. But I thought they'd at least do a press conference.

Looks great (Final Cut Studio 3), but this is the third iteration of Final Cut Studio WITHOUT a new version of DVD Studio Pro...

heath

Andy Wilkinson July 23rd, 2009 07:53 AM

FCS3 and Blu-Ray - at last!

At last! To quote from the blurb directly....

"Blu-ray disc and DVD burning. You can now easily burn a Blu-ray disc or a DVD directly from Compressor. Quickly add a menu to your disc by choosing one of the beautiful Apple-designed HD or SD templates or, to achieve a specific look, import and use third-party or custom templates"

Michael Galvan July 23rd, 2009 07:54 AM

Not only has the price of the whole suite gone down ...

But the upgrade price is much lower than before too ...

Only $299 now to upgrade? I love Apple!!!!

Ronan Fournier July 23rd, 2009 07:55 AM

Brd

It's always DVD Studio Pro 4 with no Blu-Ray authoring. :-(
However, it seems that it's now possible to burn a very simple BR directly from Compressor 3.5, like those we can burn with Toast, I guess.

Heath McKnight July 23rd, 2009 07:56 AM

That was under Compressor 3.5... However, it's definitely music to my ears!

heath

Heath McKnight July 23rd, 2009 08:00 AM

"Blu-ray–compatible H.264 encoding Compressor now includes a setting that allows you to create Blu-ray–compatible H.264 files that can be imported directly into third-party Blu-ray disc authoring software."

So, DVD Studio Pro 4.x won't do it. That version came out in 2005. Well, good thing I have Encore CS4 and Toast 10 Titanium Pro!

Heath

Dan Foster July 23rd, 2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronan Fournier (Post 1175404)
It's always DVD Studio Pro 4 with no Blu-Ray authoring. :-(
However, it seems that it's now possible to burn a very simple BR directly from Compressor 3.5, like those we can burn with Toast, I guess.

Quick note: Hi guys - first post here. Thanks to Chris Hurd for the privilege, as well as Robert Lane and numerous others here for insightful tips and suggestions. Been reading this forum for most of 2009.

I agree -- was hoping for, but didn't seriously expect, a revamped DVDSP with Blu-Ray authoring. Noticed the Compressor support, so that's something, at least. Noticed a bunch of new features that I could make good use of from the get-go.

A nice summary of the major new features in the new FCS7 suite can be found here:

Apple - Final Cut Studio - Whats New

(I'm still reading and digesting the list.)

Peter Dunphy July 23rd, 2009 08:10 AM

Ordered the upgrade. Done. Very excited!

Will be interested to learn how the new FCS will take advantage of the 8 core Macs.

Mike Browning July 23rd, 2009 08:28 AM

Will also be looking at how they plan this update to work with Snow Leopard. Are they aiming for any additional performance boost with 10.6, or is this update all the performance enhancements they have lined up? That's my question.

Andy Wilkinson July 23rd, 2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Dunphy (Post 1175412)
Ordered the upgrade. Done. Very excited!

Will be interested to learn how the new FCS will take advantage of the 8 core Macs.

Yes! Please let me know how you get on (I have an 2009 8 core 2.66Ghz Nehalem Mac Pro). I'm in the middle of some big and very time critical corporate jobs right now with FCS2 so won't risk being a beta tester/bug reporter for FCS3 ...but am very keen to upgrade as soon as it looks sensible to do so - and as soon as it's clear how all this will work with SL (when that's finally released!).

I nearly bought Toast 10 yesterday so glad I waited (to be confirmed... but it seems the Compressor route in FCS3 will be basically the same as the Toast route, as indicated above in this thread, i.e. simple Blu-Ray - but that's all I need for my PS3). Looks like it's been a good day already!

Heath McKnight July 23rd, 2009 09:08 AM

We can compress to Blu-ray right now in the latest version of Compressor (3.0.5) and create BDs with Encore CS4 or Toast 10 Titanium Pro.

heath