DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   NLE Mac / Final Cut questions from 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/24621-nle-mac-final-cut-questions-2004-a.html)

Stephen Schleicher June 7th, 2004 07:55 AM

I have a dual Gig G4 and FCPHD works just fine :)

Cheers

p.s. check out my 30+ Final Cut Pro Quick Tips (including new HD tips) on my site.

Nicholi Brossia June 7th, 2004 09:36 AM

Thanks, Stephen.
Did you reformat and clean-install when upgrading to 10.3 or just upgrade on top of 10.2?

Stephen Schleicher June 7th, 2004 10:56 AM

I just did the upgrade. Didn't have a problem. Although some may suggest doing a clean install. If you have the time to do it, go for it.

Cheers

Jeff Price June 7th, 2004 02:44 PM

New version of Squeeze released

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/...6/07/squeeze4/

Johnny Chiang June 8th, 2004 03:51 PM

Any good "Final Cut" wallpapers?

I'm using some generic wallpaper that came with panther, looks boring...Anything themed with Final Cut would be good :)

Michael Summers June 8th, 2004 09:06 PM

genral error 36

when i try to open audio/video settings in the menu, it gives me "general error 36"
and wont open

fcphd

Michael Summers June 8th, 2004 09:14 PM

sorry, general error 34

Jeff Donald June 8th, 2004 10:37 PM

General Error 34 is a disk full error. How full are your drive(s). It seems unlikely that full drives would cause this problem, but you never know. I would start by trashing FCP's preference files. Instructions are posted at the top of this forum. Be sure to get all three files and to repair permissions afterwards. Please post back if your still having issues after trashing the preferences.

Michael Summers June 8th, 2004 10:46 PM

ok, my disks arnt full. i trashed prefs and still wouldnt worked. i restarted after trashing prefs, and everythins ok.

THANKS a bunch you just saved me

Andrew Burton June 9th, 2004 12:32 AM

Also video cards can be bought for the G4 that have an S-Video output.

Jeff Donald June 9th, 2004 05:38 AM

Thanks for the update, Jeff.

Mark Sloan June 9th, 2004 02:20 PM

Depends on your iMac

From the Apple website you also have other options (although I believe this might be simply like adding a second monitor and not a video out):

Apple Video Adapter

The Apple Video Adapter for iBook, PowerBook G4 (12"), eMac (with AirPort Extreme), or 17-inch iMac (1GHz) was specially designed to allow users to connect to S-video or composite video devices. The video adapter cable plugs into the Video Output port (mini-VGA) built into the back of the computers listed. The Video Output port supports VGA, S-Video, and Composite video out. Use the Apple Video Adapter cable for S-Video or Composite video output only (connect to your TV, VCR, or overhead projector's S-Video or RCA (composite) cable). Use a separate VGA Adapter for VGA video out.

Important:
Requires iBook without an external reset button,12-inch PowerBook G4, eMac (with AirPort Extreme) or17-inch iMac (1GHz) with mini-VGA por

Gary Chavez June 10th, 2004 09:10 AM

toast 6 question

How do i make multiple copies of a Studiopro2 project?

I am aware I only have one burner. Thats not the problem

It seems like i must re-copy the project in Toast everytime i wish to create another DVD copy of the project?
I this correct?

Martin Mayer June 10th, 2004 10:44 AM

Were all your source tracks sampled at 48kHz before importing?

If not, it might be worth doing that (i.e. resampling to 48kHz with Quicktime Pro) and re-importing.

Bryan Roberts June 10th, 2004 01:26 PM

Where are my captured files? FCP 4

Hey all, I'm on FCP4 and I just finished logging and capturing a third tape today from a project I was working on. I had logged the 4th and final tape and proceeded to Batch Capture when FCP froze and I had to restart the computer. Now my file for some reason didn't autosave itself today and now all my files which I captured from tape 3 are not listed in my project file. I'm trying to find these files on my external Lacie with no luck, as this tape took several hours to log and capture. My capture scratch has been set to my Lacie the whole time so it's not an issue of it being on the internal HD. I can't find any of the captured files even the ones from tapes 1 and 2 which I can play from my HD, I just don't know the location. Please, if anyone knows how to retrieve captured files and import them back into the project, that'd be a lifesaver. Thanks so much. (obviously I'm not a Mac regular)....