Export to Compressor, Then To DVD Studio Pro? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 7th, 2009, 11:01 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Export to Compressor, Then To DVD Studio Pro?

I'm in the middle of working on a set of training videos for a local aviation company. The total time, after all the edits were made, is a whopping 12 hours that need to be placed on 6 different DVDs. I've just made the transfer from the Adobe Creative Suite to Final Cut Studio, so I'm used the the prior workflow. When I finished my edits, I sent the 6 different sequences from FCP to compressor, and compressed them as Mpeg 2 video files, thinking I could outdo an extra step when authoring the DVD (since it burns in mpeg2 format.) Well, after getting these compressed files into DVD studio pro and burning a test DVD, i came to realize, quite foolishly, that there is no audio with m2v files.

What is the fastest way to get the audio from the edited sequences on to the DVDs, without going through another video export as well? It took about 24 hours to compress the FCP sequences to .m2v, and I'd like to find out if there is an easier way to fix the problem before going through that again.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew
Andrew Hoag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 01:22 PM   #2
New Boot

Getting audio with video through compressor

Andrew,
With compressor, you now have to drag the audio settings into compressor.
Just go into your final cut timeline or add your movie, Im not sure how you did your
video and drag into compressor the audio setting you want to use. You don't need
to redo the video portion. When you go to DVD studio pro just add the new audio
file with the mpeg 2 video file and it will all sync up.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite