DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   FCP 6.0.5 - Error: Unknown & No Data (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/255820-fcp-6-0-5-error-unknown-no-data.html)

Jordan Berry August 8th, 2009 04:43 PM

FCP 6.0.5 - Error: Unknown & No Data

Howdy,

I've got a BIG problem. I shoot with 2x HMC-150s and last night I was encoding a wedding to ProRes and it stopped about 3/4 of the way through. Some clips were left with little red exclemation points next to them that read "Error: Unknow" or "Error: No Data". One of these clips was my big ceremony clip from my camera. I was able to try and push the ceremony clip through several times and finally get it to work.

- I ALWAYS reformat my cards in camera before every wedding.
- I immediatly copy the cards to multiple eSata drives.
- I never delete clips or alter structure in camera or otherwise.
- I always check the the data on the HD against the data on the card.
- My cards are always handled carefully and immediatly put in a waterproof case.
- I shoot on the SandDisk Extreme Cards. This card in particular was a 16GB.
- I have 2x Plugins installed on FCP. Magic Bullet 2.5 and the flashframe transition.

I remember this came up for a clips on my last wedding but I was eventually able to get them through. I've trashed all my preferences, and cache and tried again. No difference. I've set turned the audio to Stereo instead of Matrix in the LOG & TRANSFER window. I've unchecked the remove pulldown checkbox. I'm lost on what to do now. This isn't the end of the world since I have time to mess with this. However, on a SDE I CAN NOT have this happen. It will be the end of me!

I have got to fix this. I'm losing a lot of time here! I'll reinstall the OSX + FCS if I have to.

Robert Lane August 8th, 2009 10:20 PM

Jordan,

First and foremost, let's make sure you don't have any old system/cache files that need cleaning up.

- Save and backup/archive all your current/unfinished projects.
- Download Onyx and run ALL of it's cleaning and maintenance routines.
- FCP 6.0.6 is the most current version, download the updates from Apple (which may also give you a new version of Quicktime as well). The ".06" update did address stability/compatiblity and file issues such as you're referring to and might actually fix your problem. (I think I remember seeing something in the ADC whitepapers about a new fix for AVCHD compatibility with various cameras)

Try getting back to work and let us know how things work out.

Jordan Berry August 8th, 2009 10:24 PM

Robert,

First off, THANK YOU! I've searched everywhere I possibly can. There simply aren't any solutions posted anywhere that work.

- I've got 6.0.6, I'm sorry I lied. I just forgot there was an update.
- I'm downloading Onyx now and i'll do as you say.
- All my projects are backed up in multiple locations and on external drives. This i know ;)

Thanks again! I will report back after i run Onyx.

EDIT: I ran Onyx and restarted. I've already encoded this project to AIC. I was wanting to test it anyway I guess. ProRes is a bit much. Anyway... I tried the clip I just couldn't get to go through and it went through. Tonight I will have my computer render all the clips pro-res just to make sure it works. Then I can switch out the AIC I have for the pro-res... Been wanting to test that too. In case for example I lost my encoded files and needed to rebuild the project. Thank you Robert, so far so good!

Mike Petrucco August 10th, 2009 12:16 PM

I am having the same error here (and it so happens to be with HMC150 footage to prores in L&T as well). I've never had a problem, but now do. I had just recently installed the latest update from "Software Update", but am not on my mac right now and can not confirm the version number.

Anyway, after getting freaked out, I clicked try again in log and transfer and it worked that time. My clips transcoded to pro res just as usual at that point. I am going to to a permissions repair tonight and see what that turns up.

Jordan Berry August 10th, 2009 12:21 PM

This happened to me shortly after updating. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I know people have this error in the past and solutions include turning off the drop frame checkbox in the preferences and changing the Matrix audio to Stereo. I haven't had the need to convert to ProRes since the incident so I'm not sure if it's fixed or not. I just booked a second SameDayEdit in September so I hope it's fixed! ;)