Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 11th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Daviss View Post
Core Melt's ImageFlow looks pretty good. How editable are the individual transitions and individual photos on it's timeline?
Old August 11th, 2009, 10:07 PM   #17
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Cofrancesco View Post
fcp isn't easy because its inflexible and nothing is automated.
I'd love to see a plug-in for FCP/Motion that does most of the heavy lifting and then dumps the results on to the timeline for us to edit. I think that's really what most of us are looking for. This is the reason all my Mac editing stations still live with one leg in the PC world, as Sony Vegas handles this very elegantly.
Old August 11th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #18
Go Go Godzilla

CM's "I.F." plug-in works well but not for a project that has dozens of stills. It also takes a good deal of time to render and any changes require re-rendering the entire sequence, not just the changes.

For this particular need I still think LQ's "Photo-to-Movie" is the best bet; you can create the entire sequence exactly as needed without the long render times in FCP and once you've got it perfect simply export it in the QT format to match the FC timeline and drag-n-drop. It has all the WYSIWYG features and quick-n-easy Kens Burns effects built-in. And it's cross-platform compatible to boot.
Old August 12th, 2009, 01:01 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lane View Post
CM's "I.F." plug-in works well but not for a project that has dozens of stills. It also takes a good deal of time to render and any changes require re-rendering the entire sequence, not just the changes.

For this particular need I still think LQ's "Photo-to-Movie" is the best bet; you can create the entire sequence exactly as needed without the long render times in FCP and once you've got it perfect simply export it in the QT format to match the FC timeline and drag-n-drop. It has all the WYSIWYG features and quick-n-easy Kens Burns effects built-in. And it's cross-platform compatible to boot.
It certainly looks good & the ability to output uncompressed 422 means that it is easy to import into a FCP project. It is certainly a whole lot cheaper than Core Melt Image Flow at $50 versus $400.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite