DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 9th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Sony XR500V jumpy video in Final Cut

Camera works great and footage play back perfect on the camera.

I Log and Transfer which I have used on the HF10 and SR camera. The clips play fine in the camera but when I transfer them to Final Cut Pro the video jumps. The audio is fine. I have tried Pro Res and Pro res HQ.

Any ideas?

Going to use the camera on a job tomorrow so would be nice to resolve this today please.
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I have tried a different USB cable, Update software (overdue), all different sequence presets, and no luck the same footage. The audio is fine but the footage jumps at a even interval. Any thoughts?

As I said above the footage plays back perfectly in the camera's LCD.
Old August 10th, 2009, 03:30 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Well with some searching and an hours of testing I found a way around this problem that I hope helps others.

Final Cut 6.0.6 can not handle the footage directly from the Sony HDR-XR500V. The way around this is import into imovie which handles if the footage fine then export to FC with XML (this is very fast). The footage comes in as its own sequence and you can edit in FC and create clips

Very weird that FC will not handle footage that iMovie will but that is what I am finding. At least now I can shoot the job today and have the XR in the housing for the underwater footage and my EX1 on the tripod by the pool. Thanks to Dave Blackhurst for all of his help by email.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite