General iBook hard drive capacity question. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 16th, 2004, 04:52 PM   #16
Major Player

Boyd I understand where you are coming from and Im definitely thinking about sending it back and just buying a brand new one what sucks about that is they want to charge me a restocking fee.I wonder if I could get out of this due to the problems Ive had so far?
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2004, 06:07 PM   #17
Wrangler

Oh geez no, I wasn't suggesting that you buy a new one and exchange. I think you should get authorization to return it so that Apple can bring it up to specs. And I would quote that paragraph from them that explains the in-depth testing and refurb that should have been done. Obviously this was a sloppy job that slipped through their quality control. Specifically:

Each unit is fully tested (including full burn-in testing) - this test surely should have revealed the missing space on your hard drive.

repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.) - how could they possibly have not have noticed there was no power adaptor?!?

Each unit is also placed into a Final QA inspection - even if these problems made it through the initial test they should have been noticed here

Refurbishment Procedures follow the same basic technical guidelines as Apple's Finished Goods testing procedures. - you certainly wouldn't expect a new product to arrive in this condition.

So I would tell them I was very disappointed that they obviously didn't adhere to their own guidelines, and that I was concerned there could be other things wrong. As you noted, their service is usually excellent and I think they'll be anxious to address these issues. I have found at times that you need to be persistent and wait patiently for them to kick up up the chain of command until someone in authority will authorize the return. But you should definitely stand up for your rights, they have not held up their end of the bargain based on their own policies. This should cost you NOTHING, no shipping, NOTHING. You have already paid with the time you've wasted. If you place any value on that then this re-furbed computer has already "cost" you more than a new one.

Just my opinion, but that's how I'd approach it....
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite