Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 17th, 2009, 06:15 AM   #1
Tourist

short clips into one long based on TC

Hi all

I have a little problem to solve.
I have concert recorded with 3 cameras, 2 of them recorded one continious shot, third camera was recording only short clips (cameraman wasnt recording all the time since he didnt have enogh media to record on)

Now i'd like to create a 3 cam multicam clip with FCP. Since the TC was running on FreeRUN, it is possible to create a long continious clip off the 3rd camera material, based on the timecode. The caps will be filled with a slug.

Right now, i'm calculating the timecode between the ending of clip A and beginning of clip B to have the right amount of slug and then I insert the clip B. Since I have about a 150 short clips, I wonder is there a easyer way to to that?

Edit: I have found a little way to skip the calculating part :) I will change the starting timecode of the Sequence to match the first clip starting timecode, now I only have to copy-paste the starting timecode of the clips.

Still, if there is a way to automate the process, I would be more than glad to learn about it :)

best regards
Kaarle

Last edited by Kaarle Kannelmae; August 17th, 2009 at 06:27 AM. Reason: found some sort of solution
Kaarle Kannelmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #2
Major Player

Select the clips and choose Modify > Make Multiclip Sequence, then press OK to confirm and dismiss the Make Multiclip Sequence dialog.

This will automatically create a bin containing your multiclips (you can delete that bin and contents) .. plus it will create a Multiclip Sequence

Open that Multiclip Sequence and you will find that your clips are arranged on the timeline such that their timecodes exactly match the sequence timecode (which is automatically set for you to start at the starting timecode of the first clip)

Easy.
Andy Mees is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite