DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 22nd, 2009, 03:47 PM   #1
New Boot

FCP - SmoothCam filter won't render, says "queued for analysis"

In FCP, after applying the SmoothCam filter to an animation segment exported from After FX, FCP won't let me render, instead is says that the clip is queued for analysis. If I take the effect off of the clip, it still says queued for analysis.

Racing a deadline here, and don't have a lot of time to fiddle with this. Can anyone lend a helping hand?

Thanks,

A
Austen Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:34 PM   #2
Wrangler

that's normal - is your clip part of a longer capture? if so, you need to go back and recapture just the part that you need the filter applied to...it will analyze all of the captured clip, not just a subclip, and the analysis - also the rendering - can take a very, very long time. the solution is to recapture -
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 01:45 PM   #3
Wrangler

Austen. There are probably other clips in the queue as well and only one clip is processed in the BG at a time.

Go to Tools and select Background Processes to see how many are being processed.

Next, in your bin, scroll all the way to the right and CTRL-click or right click on the right-most column heading (usually Film Safe.) Then select the Smoothcam column heading and you will now see the status of each clip. You can stop the process for any queued clip by CTRL-clicking on "Analyzing" or "Queued" and selecting "Stop Analysis."

FCS3 will now only analyze the part of clip you are using in your sequence so this may not be such a huge problem in FCP7. I haven't tested the functionality yet.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:01 PM   #4
MPS Digital Studios

I agree, Tim--first thing I thought of was just that. If I drop Smooth Cam on more than one clip, it'll say that.

Heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite