DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   3way color correcting.. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/32246-3way-color-correcting.html)

Alfred Okocha September 20th, 2004 05:47 PM

3way color correcting..

Once a couple of months ago, somebody posted an excellent link to a quicktime file describing how to use the 3-way color corrector. I really need it now and can't find it anywhere.. Does anybody remember what I'm talking about?

Thanks.

Stephen Schleicher September 21st, 2004 02:10 PM

Check on the Apple website. There should be something there.

Cheers

Alfred Okocha September 21st, 2004 04:26 PM

Hi Stephen!
I checked out your site. Really good, for a beginner like me at least! =)

I put some markers on my footage to sinc up different cams to one audiotrack.. Now, I want to take out the markers but the "clear marker" thing doesn't work from the menu.. How can I do it?
(If I put markers on the final cut.. will they be read as chapters on a DVD??)

Thanks.

Stephen Schleicher September 22nd, 2004 08:21 AM

I'm not near my FCP system right now, so I can't say how to clear all the markers - I seem to remember that there is something in the Markers menu to do it.

When you export your video for DVD, you can choose not to export the markers as chapter markers. There is a drop down selection in the export dialog box.

Since you visited my site, I seem to recall that one of the 38+ Final Cut Pro quicktips does give a quick 3-way color correction walk through.

Cheers

Alfred Okocha September 22nd, 2004 11:19 AM

I've had a look at the 3-way on your site, yes. Thank you very much. ;-)

If you find the time, or anybody else.., please drop a line how to clear the markers..

Thanks.

Chris L. Gray September 22nd, 2004 11:38 AM

Marker recognition using iDVD and DVD player

Speaking of this, I've not had any luck having DVD Player recognize the markers i set in FCP. I used iDVD to burn the disc. Is that the culprit?

Thanks.

Boyd Ostroff September 22nd, 2004 01:24 PM

The trick with clearing markers is that you must have the correct thing selected, or de-selected. Are your markers within the clip (showing inside the clip on the timeline)? If so, select that clip (click on it in once the timeline to highlight) then go select Delete All from the Markers sub menu. It will clear only the markers in the selected clip.

If your markers are on the timeline itself (right under the time scale) then make sure that no clips are selected (click once within the timeline area but outside of any specific clips). Then use the delete all menu and it will clear your markers. This won't affect any markers within clips, as described above.

This is how it works in FCP 3, don't know what may have changed in newer versions. Also, regarding the color corrector, the FCP manual had a couple nice tutorials in it actually. The PDF version of the manual on the disks was better since it was in color. Again, this was FCP 3.

Alfred Okocha September 23rd, 2004 05:05 AM

yupp, thanks Boyd! I mangaded to clear them all.(except one.. why? I have no idea. Then again, computers generally is a mystery to me..)

Thanks.