DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 19th, 2004, 08:55 PM   #16
Warden

Have you trashed FCP preferences?

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2004, 08:58 PM   #17
Major Player

Yes Jeff, permissions have been trashed and no difference.

dp
Old November 19th, 2004, 09:11 PM   #18
Warden

If it's really interfering with your work flow you can always downgrade to 10.3.5 It's not an easy task, but it may be worth it for some individuals.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old November 19th, 2004, 09:17 PM   #19
Major Player

Can it be done woth out reinstalling everything?
Old November 19th, 2004, 10:25 PM   #20
Warden

Yes, you need to you Panther disk and that should be all. You may have reset some of your individual preference settings. Boot from the 10.3 Panther Install Disk. Choose the custom Option in the lower left corner when the install window appears (may be the second or third window.) then click the buttons to do an archive and preserve your network settings. Choose custom install and only install the System software. Do not install any of the apps, languages, printer drivers etc. Install 10.3. After the install is complete then run software update under the Apple Menu and download what you want to install. Go to the Apple site and download the 10.3.5 combo update. Be sure and repair permissions before and after all the installs. You may need to copy some printer drivers and preferences from the Old system Archive.

Old November 20th, 2004, 10:35 AM   #21
Major Player

I did trash the prefs and I'll recommend a little tool to do that with: FCP RESCUE.

It's great, you can delete all your prefs but it will restore your settings so you don't have to do them all over again.

http://fcprescue.andersholck.com

I've heard that 10.3.7 is in the works but no one is saying much about the FCP issues. I REALLY don't want to have to downgrade my OS but I might have to if for no other reason then to see if it fixes the issues
Kevin Burnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2004, 06:58 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Darn

Sure wish I had checked in here before upgrading to 10.3.6 today. Now my canvas and viewer is all fuzzy... I was outta town last week and missed this thread. Well, word to the wise. DVINFO.net/conf before any and all upgrades.
Old November 21st, 2004, 07:12 PM   #23
Major Player

Yeah, tell me about it.. Welcome to the "fuzzy club..." I sure hope they'll fix it soon!
Alfred Okocha is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite