finder out at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 29th, 2004, 07:03 AM   #1
Major Player

finder out

This subject is not directly related to FCP 4 but to my mac in general. Whenever I download a package that has to be unzipped/stuffed and I rightclick to open up a program/or to get info on the particular package, I get a window with nothing in it except the words FINDER OUT and then the mac loses all finder windows that are open. It works fine on everything else except for the sitx/sit stuffed programms or files. Any ideas?

director/cameraman

http://www.slingerlandproductions.nl
David Slingerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2004, 05:39 PM   #2
Major Player

Sounds weird. It only happens with packages that are stuffed using sitx/sit? Is that what you are saying? Does it happen no matter WHERE or WHAT package you download? What application are you trying to select when right clicking on it?
Mark Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2005, 07:20 AM   #3
Major Player

No matter where or what package, all stuffed packages. I have a macally mouse so I can rightclick to open up the menu of the finder, I dont even get as far as selecting a program, the menu does not open a window opens up and it is empty and it says finder out on top. Then all finder windows crash.
If I use the menubar on top of the screen there is no problem, I can select any program or just get info on the stuffed package.

director/cameraman

http://www.slingerlandproductions.nl
David Slingerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2005, 11:38 AM   #4
Major Player

You are trying to get to the menu option Open with? Do you have any special contextual menu software installed? Has this always happened or have you only noticed it recently?
Mark Sloan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite