DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 8th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Need Audio Help

Hey guys I need some help. Whenever capture my video, I always capture the entire tape at a time

now suppose I have a 1 min clip that I cut from the 1 hour captured footage...when I send that clip to soundtrack pro in order to fix the audio, it opens up the ENTIRE captured video (1 hour), therefore I end up working with a bigger file, and taking up more space that I want it to whenever I save it with the filters on..

do you know how I can prevent soundtrack from opening the original captured track, and just allow me to just handle the 1 minute that I only want fixed up?

Thanks
Rishi Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 11:31 PM   #2
Major Player

Actually, this is how soundtrack pro was designed.

Just export the clip you want to fix as a separate file as the "send to" command will link the original source media. Another option is to export the audio only region, if you don't need the video in STP for reference.

The last option, is to export your "fix me" portion as a separate file, re-import in FCP and then use the "send to" command. This will only contain your selected region because that's what it's referencing.

Hope this helps,
-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite