Star Wars text scroll using Motion? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 17th, 2005, 09:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Star Wars text scroll using Motion?

I'm new to Motion and a client has requested an opening text sequence similar to the Star Wars opening (the block of text scrolling off into the distance). Does anyone know how to do this using either Motion or Livetype or both? I've searched the web for some sites with tips but only seem to find ones for After Effects. Any help or links would be appreciated.
Old March 17th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #2
Trustee

Star Wars

I haven't tried this so I don't know how good it looks, but I know that the basic iMovie 4 and above feature just such a title feature ( I think it is called Far and Away or Far Far Away or something like that)

If it is a workable solution, you could just export the clip you want to use for the title sequence out of your editing program into a Full Qualtiy DV, and then drag that clip into iMovie to add the title and then export that clip back out into Full Quality DV to put back into your project without a loss of quality.

Again, I don't really know how pro the iMovie title would be, but give it a shot to see how it looks. I know you can choose a backing color, simple black, or over existing footage for most of the iMovie title sequences, so you might even be able to generate a 'space' clip from some program to use as the background for the Star Wars effect.
Good luck
-Jon
Jonathan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2005, 03:39 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the tip! That worked pretty well. I put a star field behind the iMovie scroll (from Motion). And then downloaded the Star Wars font for the final title and it looks awesome!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite