DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 8th, 2005, 01:44 AM   #1
New Boot

slideshow

hey just created a slideshow of about 60 photos in iphoto4. i exported it as quicktime movie and took it into FCP3 however when i rendered it in FCP all i got was a black screen?? anyone know what im doing wrong?? its a .MOV file. please help!
David Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2005, 12:48 PM   #2
Major Player

I can't say exactly what's going on but what's your final delivery going to be on? Did you know that even with iDVD you can just drop a folder of images on it and it will build a slide show for you and even time it to fit a piece of music you choose? I just thought that might be easier and you would lose less quality than going from iPhoto-FCP-DVD.
Make sure that all of your settings are correct when importing and exporting. After you export from iPhoto, can you watch the slideshow in QuickTime and see all the images? If so, there is a problem with your settings in FCP.

Good Luck!
Rhett Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2005, 04:09 PM   #3
Major Player

Here is what I remember from when I tried this some time ago... What iPhoto exports is not a DV file. It uses JPEG codec I think for part of it. The transitions are special to the codec or something because when I took that mov file and exported it as DV, the transitions disappeared. In QuickTime, open what iPhoto kicked out and see what info it has... You may have to go another route like iDVD or maybe iMovie would be quicker than redoing the whole thing in FCP.
Mark Sloan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite