FYI, QuickTime 7 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 30th, 2005, 03:45 PM   #16
Regular Crew

pro is definitely worth the little $ it costs. It's a great conversion utility if nothing else.
Sean M Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 05:04 PM   #17
Regular Crew

You don't NEED pro for any of the pro apps at all. I don't see the issue unless your wanting to "present movie" or use it as an encoder. I just use FCP to encode and it works fine. I can do without "fullscreen" for a couple more weeks. Not an issue if you ask me.

My 2 c,
Eric James
Eric James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 06:07 PM   #18
Wrangler

Obviously if you plan to buy FCP 5 and can wait another month then it makes little sense to buy QT Pro now.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #19
Wrangler

On Apple's FCP support board several people are saying that installing Quicktime 7 under OSX 10.3.9 causes firewire output to break in FCP HD 4.5. Might not be a good idea to jump into QT 7 unless you have the time to troubleshoot things like this...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 09:04 PM   #20
Regular Crew

ccc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher C. Murphy
What the heck! My "Quicktime Pro" has been blown away! Anyone else have their "Pro" staus killed by upgrading??
I am installing TIGER right now and thought I'd come over to the forum and kill some time while it downloads. It occured to me that I always make a copy of my existing OS befor I upgrade. I use carbon copy cloner; it's free! I got it at version tracker. So, it would be possible to use panther for fcp, and tiger for other things. You could probably reinstall your original OS and update it to 10.3.6 (seemed to work best); reinstall your pro apps; clone it to another hard drive; then upgrade to tiger; you would have the best of both worlds.
Lou Squitieri is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite