DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 19th, 2005, 11:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP <> Compressor issue

Everything had been compressing alright until my most recent project. I'm trying to output an mpeg 2 for DVD from FCP 4 to compressor 1.2

After I submit the source and file, the "time remaining" begins to get larger rather than smaller. If I leave it alone for even 8 hours the time just gets larger.

What could this be? I'm definetely going for some upgrades in the meantime for compressor but that might not solve the issue. What do you think?

Thanks for your feedback,
Richard
Richard Guaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2005, 12:57 PM   #2
Wrangler

Hve you upgraded to Tiger in the meantime? I think that may break some things with Compressor...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2005, 09:45 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Richard,
To add to Boyd's question, Apple's Compressor support forum is abuzz with problems with Compressor 1.2 and Tiger...

Are you exporting directly from FCP to Compressor? If so, you may try exporting a Quicktime copy of your Sequence (File->Export->QuickTime Movie... set it to the "Current Settings" and "Make Movie Self-Contained"), then quit FCP and submit this "DV Stream" file to Compressor directly.

(BTW, Compressor v2.0 with FCP5 appears to be slower than Compressor 1.2, so upgrading my not help. I'm using it on OSX10.3.9 and I'm not impressed with the speed - although I love the integrated A.Pack conversion).
Old June 21st, 2005, 07:54 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Richard,

I'm experiencing the same problem that you have with Compressor. The time remaining keeps cycling and after a few the batch monitor says the encode failed. I ended up outputing my sequence to a QT movie and taking that to DVD SP. The thing that is weird about this problem is that the project that I'm working on only 2 weeks I used Compressor with no problem. I tried trashing the preferences for both Compressor and FCP but that action did not fix the problem. I wish that someone at Apple would fix this problem.

Jerome
Jerome Terry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite