Jumping (or repeating pictures) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 13th, 2009, 10:32 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Jumping (or repeating pictures)

Some of you may have seen my earlier thread about exporting an HDV project from FCP 5.1.4 via Compressor to DVD Studio Pro to produce a SD DVD playable on DVD players. I've since solved this problem with the help of members of this forum. However, in one part of the film two or three shots seem to jump, or more precisely, repeat themselves in quick succession. We used a Canon and a Sony camera on the shoot and their respective pictures are used throughout the film without a problem, except in this one short scene (these particular pictures were shot with the Sony camera). I think the film is a mixture of interlaced (Canon) and progressive (Sony). I've tried re-rendering these bits of video but that did not work. If anyone could help me cure this very frustrating situation I'd be very grateful indeed, as it is holding up distribution of the final DVD.

Many thanks
Simon
Simon Glidewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #2
Trustee

Try deleting all your renders and then re-rendering the whole project. You can do that under Tools>Render Manager. Check everything and then click Delete.

What happens is that FCP looses track of all the little renders and re-renders. Clearing everything and then re-rendering usually fixes the problem (if you have enough time to do it).

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite