Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 29th, 2009, 02:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Copying in Old and Editing in New version of FCP

I am in trouble. I am away from the city shooting a feature film on PMW EX3 on NanoFlash.All my three cards(SanDisk ExtremeIII) are full. My footage is in QT XDCAM HD 422 100mbps.I have a Mac FCP6.0.1 on location . Files are not opening .I know minimum FCP 6.0.2 is required. Can somebody tell me if I simply copy it in FCP 6.0.1 and later edit it in FCP 6.0.4 the footage is safe?
believe there will be no resolution loss .i am copying through firewire800 reader.

Last edited by Ramji Meena; October 29th, 2009 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Some objected the title
Ramji Meena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

First, simply posting "help" in your title is hardly enough information for someone to get an idea of what the thread is about and whether or not they'd be able to help. Try being more descriptive next time so those reading the posts can get a sense of what's going on.

Since you have access to the web why not simply update your copy of FCP 6 to the latest version, 6.0.6. ? Then you'll be able to do what you need without worries.
Old October 29th, 2009, 08:26 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Copying in Old and Editing in New version of FCP

Sorry Robert ! I was in hurry.My whole unit is stranding I am at remote location and the upgradation is just not possible.Now please guide
Ramji Meena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 09:00 PM   #4
Regular Crew

my problem is that I am not been able to open the files in QT also.The copied file size is ok but I am not been able to see wether the footage is ok or not.
Ramji Meena is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite