DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 1st, 2009, 02:33 AM   #1
Trustee

Burning Blu-ray

Sorry, I know everyone is going to get tired of my incessant Blu-ray questions...

Anyway, why can we choose a device,background menu picture etc from the FCP "share" menu but not do the same from Compressor. Obviously the functionality is there but not the access.

The problem I'm having using the share menu in FCP is as soon as its finished encoding [which takes for ever] it ejects my single layer BD-R and asks for a dual layered BD. I can't control the bit rate when using the share menu the way that I can in Compressor but I don't have the same sort of ability to burn a BD-R in Compressor that I do from the FCP Share menu.

Is it me? Am I missing something?
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 04:01 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Not that I've done this with a BluRay yet, but have you tried "Send to Compressor"? In DVD land it sets you up with the default Share setting which you can adjust to your liking.
Old November 1st, 2009, 04:06 PM   #3
Trustee

No I have not tried that. Thanks for the info, I'll try it and see what happens.

Thanks
Old November 1st, 2009, 04:31 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Hohauser View Post
Not that I've done this with a BluRay yet, but have you tried "Send to Compressor"? In DVD land it sets you up with the default Share setting which you can adjust to your liking.
Interesting, I assume you meant the "Send to Compressor" command in the "share" menu instead of choosing the "execute" command. It did bounce me over to Compressor but the default Blu-ray settings are off. However I just hit submit to see what it does. Nothing to lose but about ten hours or so...
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:02 AM   #5
Inner Circle

"Off" in what way? Can you adjust them at all?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite