DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 2nd, 2009, 01:15 PM   #1
New Boot

Multiclip Sequence

I just finished working on a shoot that used two EX-1s that used TOD for the timecode. We set them simultaneously, but I guess we screwed up somehow and they're a second off. There are about a hundred clips I need to have multiclipped, and I know there's got to be a faster way than doing them individually.

Now, I feel I've come close using a quasi-Avid assistant editing technique. I selected all the clips and multiclipped using starting timecode. Fantastic - all of Camera A is on track 1 and all of Camera B is on track 2. Camera B was a second behind, so I just cut one second at the head of Camera B and now everything is in sync. What I'd do next, but I have no clue how, is I want to assign auxiliary timecode to all the clips in the sequence. Then, I'd go through and multiclip them by aux TC and I'd be good to go.

Now, I know how to change the aux TC of one clip, but is there a way to have a ripple effect or change them all? To do them one by one would defeat the purpose of doing it this way. Or am I going about this all wrong and is there a better way?
Bradford Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 01:25 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Take a look at something called SequenceLiner.

It's used to sync TOD audio with video, but perhaps it might be able to sync two video clips,too.

If so, then it should create a sequence of clips with video on tracks 1 & 2. If they're all off by a consistent amount, you can grab all the clips in one track and slip them accordingly.
Old November 13th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Unless I'm not properly understanding the problem, pluraleyes might be a good choice as well - it's original intent is for syncing multiple camera footage based on audio matches between the two and it's quite impressive. It also creates multicam clips automatically as well. Free demo / trial available.
Ryan Mitchell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite