DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Fcp 6.0.6 sos! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/468343-fcp-6-0-6-sos.html)

Andrew Slankard November 25th, 2009 03:41 AM

Fcp 6.0.6 sos!

Hey guys, I'm kind of in a crunch because I need to have a video finished ASAP (leaving tomorrow morning, won't be back until Sunday the 29th and the project needs to be ready to go on the 30th). I had Compressor do it's thing while I was at work tonight. I got home, it was finished, I threw it into DVD Studio and when I previewed the finished product, I saw that all of the clips from my secondary camera turned out like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...5at13723AM.png

If it matters my B-roll was shot on a Canon HV30, 1080/24i and my primary came from my EX-1 720/24p.

If you guys have any idea how this could've happened I'd appreciate any knowledge and imput you can give. Thanks guys!!

Paul Cronin November 25th, 2009 05:19 AM

Andrew did you resize the HV30 footage to 720p on the timeline? Also did you make a QT files from FC and check it out in QT prior to using compressor?

Mathieu Ghekiere November 25th, 2009 07:14 AM

I don't know what caused this, but considering your deadline, let's focus on solutions.

Try to copy all your clips into a new timeline. Maybe a new project.
Look if it looks the same. If it doesn't, render out a small piece first. Do the complete workflow render and then see if the finished result looks the same.
If it looks good, render it completely out again.
Anyway, that would be my advice.

You are of course sure there isn't an extra videotrack somewhere on it? Tried looking in the user preferences?

Good luck, these kinds of troubles are always a big pain to have so short before a deadline. I hope it all works out okay for you.

Paul Cronin November 25th, 2009 07:54 AM

Andrew, Mathieu makes a good point. Seeing footage over footage is normally from having one clip above the other on a timeline. Are you sure you double checked that the timeline is correct? Again I recommend you render out a QuickTime of the timeline and view in QuickTime to see if you have the same problem.

Let us know how you make out?

Andrew Slankard November 25th, 2009 12:23 PM

Thanks for your replies fellas, I really appreciate it!

I never converted the HV30 footage, I just captured it straight off the camera. I haven't had problems with it before. All the HV30 footage was just put onto track B and then trimmed and I added transitions. I've done this method before many times and it's worked out fine. The problem came when I copied and pasted the footage into a new sequence with the footage from 2 other sequences. The project is 3 interviews and when I put them all together, compressed them and then burned them that was what I got.

I've tried converting to a QT file but FC just quits on me... it seems like a memory problem but I don't see how that can be so. I have 8GB of RAM and plenty of storage on my Hard Drives for it to work. Regardless FC's been quitting more and more and running very sluggish - especially render times.

My temporary solution is removing the B-Roll and just compressing the project without it. If I have time to work on it more Sunday when I get home then hopefully I'll be able to tinker with it more and figure out why it's doing this.

Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate you guys responding!!

Paul Cronin November 25th, 2009 12:31 PM

Andrew glad it was something simple it can be a worry on tight deadlines.

As for FC quitting have you ever trashed your preferences? That tends to solve the problem. I do when ever FC gives me problems which is not often but it can help. Back up first and check the forum for detail info on how to do it. I always go to Lynda.com and run through the lesson on it so I don't make mistakes.