DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Essential plugins (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/469112-essential-plugins.html)

Lee Hughes December 8th, 2009 05:09 AM

Essential plugins

Hi,

I was wondering what are your essential plugins?

How essential are they?

Am currently researching what i need to get what I want but the more I research the more expensive it gets...

thanks

Gerdy Vandermeersch December 8th, 2009 06:39 AM

Magic Bullet Looks 1.2 is for me a wonderful plug-in and learn you what you can do with the colors...

Greetings
G

Jonathan Bufkin December 8th, 2009 09:39 AM

Twixtor - for great slow mo
Magic Bullet Collorista - primary CC
Magic Bullet Looks - secondary CC
Too Much Too Soon plug bundle - a few great transitions

Geoffrey Cox December 8th, 2009 02:48 PM

Neat video for excellent noise reduction

Lee Hughes December 8th, 2009 02:50 PM

thanks guys..

Ryan Mitchell December 8th, 2009 09:28 PM

Put my votes in for:

Colorista
MB Looks

I can't think of a projects where I don't use at least Looks, and usually Colorista as well.

Neat is on my list as well, although I haven't purchased it yet, I bet I do before my next project.

Lee Hughes December 10th, 2009 06:36 AM

Thanks..

and these will all work for FCE??

Matthew Craggs December 10th, 2009 02:08 PM

My two favourite:

Neat Video (noise reduction)
Plural Eyes (for syncing multiple cameras and dual system sound)

Ryan Mitchell December 10th, 2009 07:15 PM

Oooh! How could I forget about PluralEyes? I have that to - I've only used it on one project so far, but will be using it on all my projects...

And yes, I think all of these are FCP-based.

Liam Hall December 19th, 2009 03:54 PM

All of the mentioned plug-ins work for FCP, but are they necessary? Not for me. I used to buy a lot of plug-ins, particularly for color correction, but to be honest Color can do everything I need and I don't think the plug-ins offer value for money.

Ryan Mitchell December 19th, 2009 06:16 PM

I think it would depend on the individual. Yes, Color can probably do most of what these CC plugs do, but maybe not faster, which can be quite important. Also, I like the flexibility to change color decisions a little later down the line without having to do another pass through color and the roun trip that it involves. If I was good enough of a color correction guy or required serious color correction all the time I'd be in color more than I am but for now the plugs are good enough for my workflow and way faster. To each his own, I guess, but the OP I think is asking what folks consider their most essential plugs - and your answer appears to be "none".

Liam Hall December 20th, 2009 03:06 AM

Yes Ryan, my answer is "none". The OP also asked "How essential are they?" and it was more that part of his question I was responding to. But I wholeheartedly agree, to each his own.

I've got a heap of plug-ins that I've bought down the years and regularly used to use, but these days I rarely touch them. Mind you I only post-produce my own shoots, so I know what I need at the start of the production.

Craig Lieberman December 21st, 2009 04:26 PM

Noise Industries: The full FXFactory set...affordable and I never do a video without them.
Magic Bullet Looks
DV Shade

Shamol Majumder December 24th, 2009 12:01 AM

Nattress Film Effects - lots of nice little helpers, for me definitely the essential plug-in package. Also great for quick grades (highlight blur, very customizable vignette...).

Graeme also offers the only available plug-ins for Color, highly recommendable as well.

Unfortunately I don't excpect too much further developement since Graeme Nattress might be a bit busy being one of the key figures at RED (his job title is "Problem Solver").

Lee Hughes December 31st, 2009 12:29 PM

thanks for the info