FCP 5.0 No Data from Device? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 1st, 2005, 11:36 AM   #16
MPS Digital Studios

I'm having no problems with OS X 10.3.9 and the latest FCP. I guess I'm gonna wait to go to Tiger for a while.

Frederic, tell us about the feature you shot in the Independent Production forum.

heath
Old August 15th, 2005, 11:18 PM   #17
Trustee

HC1 working fine

I just found out that HDR-HC1 works fine with latest Tiger (10.4.2) FCP5.02 AND Kona 2 version 1.12 driver!!
I was using FX1 to capture since it is easier to load the tapes because HC1's tape door is located on the bottom and hard to access. FX1 is still not working with the same configuration.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2005, 10:52 PM   #18
Trustee

I'm puzzled...

Now after HC1 started working with my system, even FX1 started working.
I don't recall any updates that I install (not even auto-update), but now it is working for me. My staff will do some checking over this weekend with DecklinkHD, so I will let you know what happens with DecklinkHD, too.

So, on my system built with Kona 2, the versions of the software are as follows.

Power Mac G5 Dual 2.5 GHz
Mac OS X Version 10.4.2
Kona 2 driver software version 1.1.2
Final Cut Pro 5 version 5.0.2
QuickTime version 7.0.1
Camcorder tested: Sony HDR-FX1 and HDR-HC1

Now everything is working fine.

<<<<Additional Info>>>>>
I talked to Frederic last night and he said his DecklinkHD started working, too.

Last edited by Kaku Ito; August 18th, 2005 at 08:01 PM.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 08:06 AM   #19
New Boot

unrendered clips & ilink

I've been reading your postings as I have a similar problem with my HC1 and FCP 5.

First, I am able now, after a painfull evening, to capture footage but clips appear as unrendered in the sequence. How can this be if I'm using easy setup, which is meant to make capture and sequence settings match? Rendering would be hell.

And, where in the HC1 menu can you turn ilink off? It only shows three options. AUTO, DV and HD. I set it to HD but ilink activates automatically when connecting the camera to the computer via firewire.
Antonio Albagli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 08:11 AM   #20
New Boot

unrendered clips & ilink

I've been reading your postings as I have a similar problem with my HC1 and FCP 5.

First, I am able now, after a painfull evening, to capture footage but clips appear as unrendered in the sequence. How can this be if I'm using easy setup, which is meant to make capture and sequence settings match? Rendering would be hell.

And, where in the HC1 menu can you turn ilink off? It only shows three options. AUTO, DV and HD. I set it to HD but ilink activates automatically when connecting the camera to the computer via firewire.
Antonio Albagli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 08:14 AM   #21
Wrangler

Antonio,

The issue was the digidesign core audio plugin. It needs to be turned off to capture.

As far as rendering, look at your sequence settings in detail. It should match exactly your clip settings.

The most common mistake is a mismatch with the pixel aspect ratio.

Frederic
Frederic Lumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 08:23 AM   #22
New Boot

Frederich, BLESS YOU!
So much of trouble shooting relies on the interface. I just didn't know where to look.
Antonio Albagli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite