Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 23rd, 2010, 05:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Importing XDCAM EX from folder

I need a bit of help.

Im trying to import BPAV folders into FCP yet the Log and Transfer does not show them when you browse the the folder.

I have the BPAV folders sitting inside another folder as you should do.

I managed to transfer footage directly from the EX3's USB port into FCP no problem but when it comes to loading footage off an external drive from a folder nothing appears.

I could understand there might be a driver issue if the footage from the camera didn't work either but that was fine, Its only importing from folders where FCP is having an issue.

I can see all the clips viewing from the XDCAM clip browser programme.

Any thoughts

James
James Blackburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Importing XDCAM EX from folder

James, I'm fairly new to tapeless media and FCP so I'm not sure if this will be of any help. I have a JVC GY-HM700 camera that records either Quicktime wrapped files or MP4 wrapped files to an SDHC card. The SDHC card contains 2 folders one CPAV where my Quicktime files live in a folder named CLIP, and a BPAV folder where as I understand it the MP4 files would be if I recorded MP4 format clips. So I'm assuming that the BPAV folder also has a CLIP folder. I copy my Quicktime CLIP folder to my Scratch Disk and then drag the CLIP folder directly into my Browser Window, bypassing the Log & Transfer process. I'm not sure if this will work for MP4 clips. I also got a disk with my camera that has a JVC Log & Transfer program on it for using the clips with other editing systems besides FCP. A friend of mine has used this to import MP4 recorded clips that were shot with my camera into his Premiere edit system. I hope this was of some assistance evn though as I said I'm not really sure I know what I'm talking about. (LOL).

Dan
Dan Magnafichi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite