DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 4th, 2005, 05:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Dual Display causes Canvas to Freeze

Here's an interesting problem. I tried hooking up a second display today (a Dell 1600HS D1626HT CRT monitor) to the 2nd input of the Radeon card. I was able to configure it and see my extended desktop.

I went ahead and played some footage on FCP. In order to see my canvas on my second monitor, I set up the Digital Cinema Desktop Preview (I tried all the different settings in troubleshooting this) and pressed Command+F12 to see the footage.

The footage from the canvas did indeed appear on the second monitor, but it was frozen. Additionally, the canvas window on my primary monitor was frozen. However, the timeline proceeded. I tried this several times in different parts of my sequence. I also tried to perform my actions in different orders (play and then Command+F12 or stop, Command+F12 and then play). I also tried closing and opening FCP and also restarting. Additionally, I tried this same thing on another CRT monitor. Same results. I finally tried different display settings (resolution, refresh rate) on the second monitor. No difference.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks,

Kelly
Bogen/Manfrotto 516 Pro fluid head
Bogen/Manfrotto 3246 legs
Panasonic PATC7WMS1 7" LCD

PowerMac G5 2.7 GHz
OS X Tiger
2 GB RAM, 400 GB SATA
ATI Radeon 9600
Dell 2405FPW 24" LCD

Final Cut Pro 5.0 Studio
Kelly Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2005, 02:43 PM   #2
Contributor

Just a thought, you might try reducing the size of the canvas down to 50%. Does this also happen when the camera is not connected?

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite