DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 2nd, 2010, 05:37 AM   #1
Trustee

My BD attempt from MAC to Windows fails again

In my attempt to create a Blu Ray menu I have failed at this and I give up.

I have a copy of Sony DVD Architect 5.0 and my Mac is set up with VMWare Fusion with Windows XP on it. I thought great I'll render out my HD files to an elementary stream in compressor, change the file names so they are the same and off we go. Architect takes these files.... hey I'm on to Authoring BD........ so long Apple and their non existing BD Authoring program BD Authoring here I come.

Well after countless tries at getting Sony DVD Architect to render out and failing I surrender to the Apple way and give in to Toast as my only alternative. Yeh yeh, I can get Adobe but for 3k just to Author BD forget-it.

Toast and that stupid box in the middle will have to do? what were Roxio thinking.

Thanks for listening.

Cheers
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2010, 11:25 AM   #2
Inner Circle

What do you mean by "render out"? Can you get Sony Architect to make a disk image or a VIDEO_TS folder? If you can, you take either one of those and bring it into Toast to burn the final BR disk without the lame Toast menus.

I have a friend with Sony Architect on a PC and he's having problems as well. Wish I knew more about it.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 12:41 PM   #3
Trustee

What I mean by render is I let compressor make, build a compatible ac3 and m2v files for DVD Architect or Toast on the Mac.
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2010, 03:38 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Ash View Post
What I mean by render is I let compressor make, build a compatible ac3 and m2v files for DVD Architect or Toast on the Mac.
Don't do this.

Let Compressor make a bog standard ProRes file and be DONE WITH IT! Then bring the ProRes file into DVDA, and make your BluRay from there.

If you are doing an AVCHD bluray, then set your maximum bitrate to 15Mbps.

That should get it done. I do this WAY too much, and what seems like it should work.. just doesn't.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite