DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 4th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Nikon D3S sequence settings

The camera uses 1280x720 24fps .AVI, These are brought onto the hard drive using a CF card reader, then imported into FCP.
What sequence setting should I use? I've tried many settings but every clip I drag to the timeline needs rendered.
My ultimate goal is to produce a Blu-ray disk.
Gregory Barringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

D3s Final Cut

This is actually very easy and similar to 5DMkII.

Copy CF Card files to working drive.
Using compressor convert to Apple ProRes.
Import the New Apple ProRes Files to Final Cut.
Now, do whatever you want in FCP!

Good Luck.

Tom
Tom Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you, I tried that originally but things got confused along the way. I tried it again tonight and was able to burn a high quality Blu-ray that plays on my TV. It's my first BD and I want to thank you again. I used FCP 7 and then used Sony DVD Architect to author the BD.
Gregory Barringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #4
Regular Crew

D3s Final Cut

Great Glad to hear it worked out for you. Still in DVD Studio Pro and haven't done Sony yet. Hoping these two companies sort out the politics and get us BD on Studio Pro.

How do you like the D3s so far? I'm just testing it now for a commercial project in two weeks.
Tom Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I started with Vegas in 2002 and switched to Mac four years ago. I kept up with the updates for Vegas because I like it, but I'm determined to learn Final Cut. I'm primarily a wedding photographer, I like to mix in video in my slideshow/movies. Burning BD has been a long term goal.

The D3s can shoot at ISO 12,800 and the files look good with low noise. The high end is ISO 102,400 which is just unbelievable to me. I'm a rookie at video with this camera. I shot some video at one wedding and realized how hard it is to produce professional video. Most of my experiments are of my one year old Grandson. Video at ISO 12,800 is very good as long as exposure and WB are nailed. I'm used to shooting RAW and video is like going back to jpeg as far as WB is concerned. Preset of WB is very important. It's been fun so far. The coupled loved the little bit of video I mixed into their wedding slideshow.
Gregory Barringer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite