FCP 7-speed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 9th, 2010, 09:28 AM   #1
Major Player

FCP 7-speed

I just installed final cut 7.0 and opened a project created in 6.6 but when changing the speed of a clip from 100% to 40,000 (timelaps) it says I can't increase the speed past 10k. In fcp 6.6 I have most of my timelapses speed set to 40,000 and I had no issues. Is there a setting I'm missing here?

thanks
Greg Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Major Player

can anyone help me out on this? I can't get a speed of more thank 10k on a clip.

thanks
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:04 PM   #3
Major Player

Is your clip long enough for a 40k speed up Greg? I just grabbed an old DV PAL clip thats 14 seconds long and applied a 40k speed up to it ... the speed was capped at 36.1k and the duration dropped to 2 frames, anything faster and it would have been a still.
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 08:46 PM   #4
Major Player

my clips for a timelaps are usually 3-4 minutes. I never had any issues on FCP 6 and 7 is saying there's a 10k max. I know FCP 7 has a new "change speed" feature so I may not be clicking on something.
Old February 14th, 2010, 08:02 AM   #5
Major Player

Well bugger me, I just tried using the Speed dialog and got the same result ... still, weird as it may seem Greg, you can avoid this strange new limitation by bypassing the Speed dialog (Cmd J) and instead open your clip into the Viewer window ... now switch to the Motion tab and change the Speed using the Speed controls there. That works fine.
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #6
Major Player

oh man, thats great. Thanks Andy. I'm guessing this will be fixed on an update. I hope.
Greg Harris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite