DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 17th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Major Player

My Love/Hate Relationship with "Share"

It is so convenient to burn a DVD or BDR directly from my FCP timeline.
For SD DVD, I literally enter chapter markers, hit share & burn- take a break -come back to my Mac Pro with the tray opened and the disc completed.

Awesome right?

Wait a sec... When I test the DVD there is a generic, awful template - which cannot really be edited or more to my disappointment, cannot be disabled. This single lack of intuitiveness is infuriating. Even if I select, 'When Disc Loads: Play Movie" the menu is still created and will come back up after the program is played.

Such an amazing idea hindered by poor consumerish execution.

-C
Attached Thumbnails
My Love/Hate Relationship with "Share"-love-hate.jpg  

Last edited by Christopher Drews; February 17th, 2010 at 05:23 PM.
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Strange, when I use it the first thing to choose in the Share window is the file destination folder. I use it to make quick client DVDs before authoring with the same files later. Crummy menu, that I agree with, but it's fine for non-public work.
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:28 AM   #3
Inner Circle

It's a great feature, but I'll be really happy if it supports virtual clusters too...
Because you have this very easy going feature, and then it can only use 2 cores instead of the 4 or 8 at your disposal...

If you select a cluster, the sharing just crashes and generates errors. It's a known bug, but as such a huge feature, I think they are really taking a long time to fix it...
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #4
Inner Circle

You have to render everything on the timeline that has a real-time effect then clusters work in Share. When you make a non-self-contained QuickTime movie, FCP renders those real-time effects and places the renders in the QuickTime movie file which is why non-self-contained movies are sometimes much bigger then you would expect. For whatever reason Qmaster clusters are not programmed to understand real-time effects and errors when it can't find the media files for the effects. Qmaster understands non-self-contained QuickTime movies just fine since it can find the rendered real-time effects.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite