DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 19th, 2010, 10:30 PM   #1
Major Player

FCP audio / video tracks out of whack

It's tough getting use to the FCP work flow coming from Vegas. I cant get use to the fact that when I cut / move something that FCP automatically adjusts the entire project.

I cut and moved some video around and now a bunch of my audio is off from the video. Even the right and left side of some of the audio tracks are off and it wont let me put them back in sync. When I try to lock, say the left track, it wont let me move the right track to get them back on.

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/s...low/screen.jpg

How can I align all this back up?
Oliver Darden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 12:05 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Oliver, try to right click on the red numbers of your audio and "Move into "sync". Do not lock video when messing with audio.
Alex Khachatryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 12:26 AM   #3
Major Player

Hey Oliver

For resyncing your audio and video, you could right click on the sync loss indicators and select the Slip into Sync or Move into Sync options as appropriate, or you could use the track tools to select and move, or lasso and move as needed.

And mate, you really need to use how to use the FCP toolset properly. Cutting and moving stuff doesn't need to throw things out of sync like that, its a result of using the tools improperly. Remember, just because all NLE's serve the same purpose and have a comforting level of crossover in basic toolsets, doesn't mean that one should wield those tools in exactly the same way to produce the same result. I've edited professionally on Lightworks, Media 100, Avid, FCP and Edius, plus a bunch of other Fisher Price edit toys and I promise you that every one of them requires learning. It's not a case of one works right and one works wrong, they just work different. Treat yourself to a day with an FCP trainer, not learn how to edit obviously, just to orient yourself properly.

Best
Andy
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:11 AM   #4
Major Player

I've tried doing the Slip into Sync or Move into Sync and it works, but only on one audio track (the right or left). If you look at this picture you will see that the right and left audio channels are off and I cant get them back on. I've tried locking one side of the track but it still wont let me move just 1 channel. And I cant just grab one channel and move it cause it treats it as stereo and they are locked.

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/s...pillow/off.jpg
Oliver Darden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 01:45 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Looks like audio is stereo pared. Release tracks and try again (Option L). You can move stereo pared audio to Sync if highlight both.
I would look at document's final cut folder's autosave vault files to get back to earlier point if things are getting really messed up.
Alex Khachatryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2010, 10:26 AM   #6
Major Player

Alex, Option L did it, thanks man!

So in combination with Option L and Move into Sync it's all lined back up.

Thanks for your help guys.
Oliver Darden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite