DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Non-existant frame showing up in final output. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/473661-non-existant-frame-showing-up-final-output.html)

Sean Finnegan February 26th, 2010 04:19 AM

Non-existant frame showing up in final output.

Ok, so I'm having a weird issue in FCP that I've never had before. I'm cutting together my reel, and essentially there's a bit towards the end where a frame exists in the final export in between two clips that I can not see anywhere in the timeline. Therefore, when I watch the finished sequence, everything looks fine until I view the export, and there's a single frame spliced in between these two clips. It's totally jarring. Here's what I'm talking about:

At the 1:51-1:52 mark, you'll see one frame in between the clip of the man running down a dark hallway of scaffolding, and the rapper backlit by a fresnel. In FCP, I move between the last frame of the first clip and first frame of the last clip and that frame isn't there. At all. And it's not underneath or anything, it's simply not there. What gives?

David Chapman February 27th, 2010 02:56 PM

I didn't see the frame in the Vimeo video, however it may help to trash the render files on your scratch disc and re-render your timeline. There might be something there from a previous render.

Gabor Maly February 27th, 2010 03:08 PM

I came across this issue before and at that time the only way for me to get around this was to move my ripple edit out point further in. The other would be to slice/cut your clip (agree this is not the professional approach)

David's suggestion might be the solution.

Andy Wilkinson February 27th, 2010 03:28 PM

You're not going mad! I did see the frame - it's not easy but it's a female face... I think. I bet 95% of your audience would miss it (but I guess you're like me, a perfectionist and want it sorted!).

I've not come across this problem before/don't know the solution but I'm sure those suggestions above are worth trying.

William Hohauser February 27th, 2010 09:12 PM

It took playing it four times before Vimeo played it.

Do you recognize the frame? How many video tracks do you have? I just fixed someone's project who had unintentionally added more tracks then their monitor could show without scrolling and had "mystery" video tracks appear when they played the timeline. You can also magnify the timeline and see if 1 frame got split of a clip when you did an insert drop on the timeline. I've done that once in a while.

If the frame isn't associated with either of the intended scenes and it's not on a hidden video track, you might try cutting pasting the entire timeline into a fresh timeline. That sometimes clears up glitches in FCP finding the correct video files.

Andrew Kimery February 28th, 2010 09:13 PM

What codec is the source footage? I've seen something similar when someone tried to work w/h.264 footage (or basically any long gop codec not intended for editing).

-Andrew