DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 23rd, 2002, 05:29 AM   #16
Warden

Paul,

I heard nothing but good things about Boris Red. However, I've only played with it a little bit on a clients computer. When software started to replace hardware for DVE, graphics etc. AE was it for the lower end. So I learned it by default and I've stuck with it.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2002, 06:01 AM   #17
Major Player

Re: RE: Boris Red

<<<-- Originally posted by BillF741 : Paul,
Call the folks up at Boris. They have great tech support. They also have some video's available that take you through some great stuff. The program is awesome. The thing scared me at first. Isolate yourself for a couple of days, watch the video's, and play incesantly with all of the buttons. You will be astounded when you make your first nifty effects. This program will make NLE fun.

Sincerely,
Bill -->>>

Thanks Bill! I will call them on Monday. How long have you been working with the program?
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2002, 06:03 AM   #18
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Jeff Donald : Paul,

I heard nothing but good things about Boris Red. However, I've only played with it a little bit on a clients computer. When software started to replace hardware for DVE, graphics etc. AE was it for the lower end. So I learned it by default and I've stuck with it.

Jeff -->>>

Jeff,

I have an old copy of Premier that came with a scaled down version of AE. Never spent much time working with Premier as FCP has really handled my needs.
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2002, 09:04 PM   #19
BillF741

RE: Boris Red

I have been using Red since August. I am still learning little tricks to the program. Their staff is very approachable. My sales person there was Brigitte Hirsch. Susan Vose in tech support was just awesome helping me with some quick shortcuts to get motion tracking done for a project that I was doing. Another great thing about Boris is that the program can work either separately or within Final Cut Pro as a plug in.

Good luck!
Sincerely,
Bill

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite