Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 13th, 2005, 06:43 AM   #1
New Boot

deinterlacing plugin options

Hi,

I've been trying to find a satisfactory solution for deinterlacing PAL DV material. I'm using Final Cut HD Express 3 (FCE). I've tried the standard filters. Flicker Filter (max) looks great for little movement but aweful otherwise, and Upper or Lower just look pants (because they throw away half the resolution). I've downloaded. Re.Vision Effects FieldKit 1.5 but it doesn't seem to be recognised by FCE... Isn't FCE supposed to support AfterEffects plugins? FieldKit also supports FCP, but either type is not being picked up by FCE when placed in its plugin folders. I'm assuming the plugins should be selectable from the Effects->Video Filters menu.

Does anyone else have FieldKit 1.5 working with Final Cut HD Express?

Are there other options for deinterlacing DV in FCE?

help needed!
Joe Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2005, 06:48 AM   #2
Wrangler

Joe's Filters has a deinterlacer, plus lots of other cool stuff. The trial version is fully functional and free. Claims compatability with FCE too:

http://www.joesfilters.com/

Or you could use DVFilm Maker which is a small standalone application which doesn't need either FCP or FCE:

http://www.dvfilm.com/maker/
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2005, 08:16 AM   #3
RED Problem Solver

Also, check out my Film Effects package at www.nattress.com It has lots of de-interlacing options and a lot more, including lots of presets for great film looks. If you saw the recent BBC Snooker World Championships, you saw Film Effects in action, and you can see effects from it at the moment, on ITVs Tour de France.

Oh, and it's totally compatible with FCE too.

Graeme
Graeme Nattress is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite