Two effect shots. Please HELP. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 13th, 2005, 02:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Two effect shots. Please HELP.

Hey guys I have two questions and I might have to do some of these effects in motion or something of that nature. I rather just do it in final cut if possible because I have no idea how to even import into motion.

1st shot

guy walks with his hand on the wall while he walks. Camera is dynamic. I want his hand to almost make ripple like effect on the wall. Like the wall is a water substance almost. I need the color to be the same

What I have done so far is layer the same shot on top. garbage most the shot out and left only the trail behind his hand. I then added the ripple effect to it. This is what I’m looking for but I don’t know how to move the garbaged ripple in a way that will change with the movement of the hand. I can move the garbaged layer around but what I need is like someone’s faces is blurred out on TV. I need to move around and have the ripple change colors on location to where it is in the shot. Not just the same location moved around.

Second shot.

Guy is standing up and walk/slides to the left of screen. I want this to look like he turns into sand and is blow away by wind. I can get his body to disappear because it’s a static shot and I just place the empty shot underneath and make the shot of him more transparent as he slides left. I want to know how to do this with the sand or some other particle system. Any advise here would be great.
Kyle Fasanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2005, 04:53 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

What kind of software packages do you have to work with?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite