DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 12th, 2010, 02:09 PM   #1
Major Player

New MP, FC7 Keeps Quitting

Hey All,
Just got a 2.93 Quad 10 days ago and have really flown through the editing (compared to the G5).
The only problem is that it's unexpectedly quit several times (maybe 8 + -). Any ideas?

Running FCP7
OX10.6.2
4Gbs Ram (2x2Gbs)
QT 10.0

Upgraded the pro aps & that seemed to help some.
Should I get QT pro7?
Seems like it does it with stacked video clips and Mem intensive actions as it last happened when I was monitoring my memory and the mem usage was climbing (still only about 2.6-2.8 total mem usage) when it quit.

Thanks.
Old April 12th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

Since it's a new hardware purchase your first course of action is to call Apple tech support, and get to the Pro Apps help desk people. You've got complimentary phone support for 90 (?) days (I think, maybe 60 days or less now). Get the manufacturer involved.

Also, if you transferred all your apps/prefs from another machine you should run DiskWarrior to make sure you don't have a slightly corrupted directory which happens often in the transfer process - even on Macs.

Try those avenues first then get back to us if you don't get pleasant results with Apple help desk.
Old April 12th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Robert,
Everything is new, nothing transferred from the old machine, just the projects.

Will actually call Tech support tomorrow, but to be honest, today I didn't want to be put on hold for 10-20 minutes like I've been in the past.(hopefully they're better now) and the advice here is usually top notch.

Like I said, will call tech tomorrow, (with a fresh cup of coffee) but figured that since I was here anyway, thought I'd ask.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite