Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 14th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Major Player

Quicktime to Flash Question

uhh, how do I do this?

My G5 Power PC just crashed, maybe for good.
Using that computer i was able to export FLV from my FCP 6 export pull down menu. I have no idea what program I bought to make that happen.
I have hastily put together "edit suite B" which is my MacBook pro OS 10-5-8, a duel adapter card some free speakers Lacie gave me and a Lacie 1TB external drive.

I desperately need this FLV option/function back as that is how i delivery 90% of my video.

Will Flash CS4 do this? I don't understand a word they use to describe this product on their website.
Thanks
Gary Chavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #2
Major Player

If you buy flash it should appear as an option in your Final Cut export. That's what did it for us at least. Or if you have After Effects you can render flvs from there. Perian (free) allows you to play flvs in quicktime, if that's any use to you.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2010, 02:02 PM   #3
Major Player

Thx, I pulled the trigger on Sorenson Squeeze this morning. Holy crap this is an amazing bit of software.
Gary Chavez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite