Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 19th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Color 1.5 Grade settings copy

Hi,
I'm currently using Color 1.5, and while I'd say I've got a decent handle on it, I'm far from proficient. One issue that has come up is I have multiple FCP sequences which I need to match as far as color grade goes.

In one sequence I can easily just drag my grade from one clip to the next... nice. But now when I import another sequence I do not know exactly how to bring the exact same grade from a previous sequence onto a clip in a new one.

Anyone know how this is done?

Thanks,
Cole
Cole Seidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #2
Major Player

You can save a grade in the grades tab in the setup room and then apply that grade to any shot in any color project. The grade is saved with a thumbnail of whatever frame you're parked on, so you have an option to choose a frame that will make it easily recognized (very handy for interviews, for example). You can also choose a name for the grade, or let Color give it a default name.
Arnie Schlissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Arnie,
That's extremely helpful!
Cole Seidl is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite