DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Just updated to FCP 7 not happy (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/477380-just-updated-fcp-7-not-happy.html)

Robert Bec April 22nd, 2010 07:06 AM

Just updated to FCP 7 not happy

FCP 6 was great never crash what a rock but now

Problems:

When i go import file - select file and press select, fcp crashes i have to go via finder and drag the file in.

Next problem when i put my markers in so i can go to the beat of the song they move when i change the speed of the clip not happy

Next problem when i add a cross disslove to a clip it add its to the beginning and the end of the clip WHY.

next problem when i right click on my mouse to close gap it does not close the gap i have selected it chooses the gap furthest left if that makes sense.

these are problems which are slowing me down any help.

Rob

Robert Bec April 22nd, 2010 07:09 AM

And FCP 7 seems to run slower.

Chris Korrow April 22nd, 2010 07:45 AM

It would help if you gave some more info. What machine are you working on, what OS & QT. Seems like most of these upgrade problems seem to revolve around how FC, QT & the OS "play" together.

I had some problems with FC7 quitting when I first installed. What versions where the first thing Apple asked & if I got the Pro Aps update. Everything was up to date except 10.6.2 > 10.6.3, which he said I should have. Though in my case, it seems like the quitting was because I was just throwing too many big files at and my memory was pretty minimal.

Doesn't Apple give some tech support with a new FC purchase?

Dave Partington April 22nd, 2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Bec (Post 1517969)
When i go import file - select file and press select, fcp crashes i have to go via finder and drag the file in.

That would be a problem. Gladly it doesn't happen for me. You need to report this to Apple. It may be something with your installation.

Quote:

Next problem when i put my markers in so i can go to the beat of the song they move when i change the speed of the clip not happy
This is switchable. It's a new feature designed to have markers follow the clip. IRRC you turn it on and off using the button near the bottom right by the snap and audio link buttons.

Quote:

Next problem when i add a cross disslove to a clip it add its to the beginning and the end of the clip WHY.
This does not happen for me either < scratching head >

FCP 7 does crash on me too from time to time, but so did FCP 6 when under load (i.e. lots of tracks etc).

Andy Mees April 22nd, 2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

This is installation specific Robert, or could be a project corruption issue maybe? You might want to try trashing your prefs, repairing permissions, running Disk Warrior maybe if you have it ... try creating a new project and see if the problem is apparent there too, try creating a new user account and see if the issue persists in the new clean account. Basically the usual troubleshooting rigmarole.

Quote:

As noted above, you can toggle on off the new "Ripple Sequence Markers" setting as needed.

Quote:

Its a new feature in FCP 7. If you add a transition to the beginning of a clip then its added to the beginning, if you add it to the end then its added to the end ... but if you add it to the middle of a clip then it automatically gets added to both ends ... and add it to a selection of clips and its automatically added to begging and end of all the clips in the selection.

Quote:

next problem when i right click on my mouse to close gap it does not close the gap i have selected it chooses the gap furthest left if that makes sense.
Doesn't happen on my system ... as above, maybe preferences or project corruption?