Color to Final cut XML stuck at 80% at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 20th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Color to Final cut XML stuck at 80%

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

I was roundtripping final cut to color and cant get the xml file to load back into final cut. I was unsure on how delicate color was until I was searching around for answers. I left a motion text and few dissolve transitions in the sequence when I sent out of final cut to color. I did not know how important it is to place all clips on V1 until after the fact. I place 3 video tracks on sequence. Canon Vixia hf100 on V1, Canon 5d on V2, and Canon 7d on V3, all of them were transcoded to ProRes LT. I synced them through pluraleyes and then did pluraleyes work around to make a multiclip view by making quicktime movies of each video track and dropping them in on a new sequence. After my edits from multiclip view and deleted the multiclip video track and sent to color, did my grades, and returned with xml file stuck at 70%. After learning some of the no no's of color I went into color and unlocked the track where the motion text was and add an new track and moved the motion text to the new track and deleted it...I noticed in that process of taking a chance with the interopolation of color to final cut but I was out of options. After I did that and tried to send to final cut it went up to 80% before being stuck.

I also exported the xml out of color and imported into final cut and had the same result.

If I have to do this over then I will bite the bullet but if there is some work around I would appreciate it.

Also...If I do it over is there a way to copy and paste grades from the original to new project in color....or save the grades and apply in color.

thanks.
Joshua Heater is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite