DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 22nd, 2010, 11:54 PM   #1
New Boot

Final Cut Plug Ins For Weddings

Hi, I have been using Final Cut Pro 7 since November 2009 and so far so good. Howerever I need fancy customisable plug ins for weddings ( u know titling, photomontages etc) as I dont have the time to build one up for each wedding I do.
Will appreciate your input & suggestions

Last edited by Akinola Williams; May 22nd, 2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Incomplete thought
Akinola Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:52 AM   #2
Trustee

Why don't you just develop some presets yourself? Then you can just add them to whatever project you're working on and make the necassary changes.

It also comes down to experience and knowing your software really well. If you understand how to quickly get a certain look or how to combine certain effects to create your desired vision, then you shouldn't need to use plugins. The better you know your software the faster you'll be able to create the effects you want.

Personally I think every project deserves enough time and effort that presets or plug-ins are not necassary. When it comes to weddings, it is a very personal thing and every couple is different. They want and deserve something unique and I am willing to put in the time to give them something personalised.
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:14 AM   #3
New Boot

Hi John.
Thanks for the reply, I totally agree with you on all points, and I have realised that plug ins are not the best way to go. Its just that I am new to FCS( in fact so new to the apple world that when I took my imac home and unpacked it and saw only a monitor , keyboard and mouse, I thought I had been robbed!) I am getting on quite well but have a backlog and havent at the moment the luxury of lovingly tweaking my presets at the moment...so until the backlog is past and I can spend quality time with my computer I need some plug ins to get me through...
Thanks
Old May 25th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Try Noise industries...

There are a a good many free plug-ins and a great deal for short dollars.
Paul E. Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 01:03 AM   #5
New Boot

thanks Paul...I will look at this today... I just want some cheesy and non cheesy intros ( like floating rings) etc
Old May 27th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinola Williams View Post
thanks Paul...I will look at this today... I just want some cheesy and non cheesy intros ( like floating rings) etc
Cheesy intros why would you want that the 80's are gone be creative and use motion or create something withing titler and the motion tab more effective then rings floating around a little bit of effort go's along way plus you develop your skills which means in time you will get quicker.
Robert Bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #7
Major Player

Robert - read post #3. :)
Bryan Cantwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #8
New Boot

Boris FX has the real cheeze...
Ivan George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 04:59 AM   #9
Trustee

Sounds like you need one of the many stock fx discs for weddings available from folks like Digital Juice.
Old May 31st, 2010, 04:45 AM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Cantwell View Post
Robert - read post #3. :)
i did read post 3 and just cause your new to a program doesn't mean you have to use plug-ins. i am only talking about CHEESY plug-ins
Robert Bec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 02:31 PM   #11
Inner Circle

You would be surprised how many family event clients want cheesy 80's style wedding video effects.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite