DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Audio bit rate in compressor (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/484367-audio-bit-rate-compressor.html)

Alex Khachatryan September 6th, 2010 08:39 PM

Audio bit rate in compressor

Hi,

I have a project here that has been captured in NTSC 4:3 15Mbps and needs to come out as:

Stream type - mpeg2 (program stream)
file extension - m2p, mpg

video
with x height – 720x576
aspect ratio code – 4x3
frame rate (fps) – 25 (PAL)
interlacing – lower/bottom field first
quality/speed – Highest quality
bitrate type – CBR (constant bitrate)
video bitrate (kbps) – 6000 or 4000

audio
audio stream type – MPEG-1 audio layer-2
audio bitrate (kbps) – 224 kbps

I was able to apply all settings to my file in Compressor except the audio bit rate. It remains 48.000 and it seems like there is no way to change.

Any thoughts, ideas?

Thank you for help in advance.

Craig Parkes September 6th, 2010 09:22 PM

48Khz is the Sample Rate - not the bit rate. Try opening it in MPEG stream clip and checking what the bit rate

Alex Khachatryan September 6th, 2010 09:26 PM

Hi Craig, bit rate is 384.

I wonder if there is a way to see this number in compressor and especially to change it.

Craig Parkes September 6th, 2010 09:37 PM

I think I did this a while ago, I may have had to manually edit the compressor settings in a text editor. I would try down that path (just drag the saved compressor setting to the desktop, open with text editor, look for the audio part that says 384 and change to 224. Resave and give it a whirl.

Might be an "easier" way to do it but I can't be bothered looking around the compressor menus at the moment because I remember they are arcane and annoying for mpegs and I know that the compressor settings are text editable.

Alex Khachatryan September 6th, 2010 09:48 PM

The funny thing is that there is nothing that indicates audio bit rate in inspector except this - Bits Per Sample: 16

Craig Parkes September 6th, 2010 10:10 PM

Just checked and yes, this is what I manually changed previously. Just save the setting as a custom setting, save it to the desktop, open in text editor, look for a part called <data-rate>384000</data-rate> and change to <data-rate>224000</data-rate>

Voila.

May I also suggest, you may want to convert your video to PAL FIRST, then do the MPEG compression on the new PAL quicktime. That way you can more accurately check the results of the compression versus the format conversion, and you'll also probably get better results.

Alex Khachatryan September 6th, 2010 10:19 PM

Thank you so much Craig. It worked!

Craig Parkes September 6th, 2010 10:22 PM

No Worries, I'm going to be in New York in October, maybe you can buy me a beer or something then. :)

Alex Khachatryan September 6th, 2010 10:26 PM

It will be my pleasure, just send me a note!