Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 8th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Ash View Post
Where can I find the updated cures version for downloading?
Same address as the older:
http://www.dominik.ws/rgbcurves.zip

@William
Try downloading and installing it again. I've changed its "group-uuid", which is responsible for identifying the different plugin-categories. The last version had a default one, which perhaps conflicted with another plugin you have installed.
Dominik Seibold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2010, 11:19 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominik Seibold View Post
Yes, you have to copy that folder to /Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug (or ~/Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug). But I guess the folder is already there, because you already executed the installer package. I'm not sure why my plugin isn't shown in your plugin-list. Which version of Final Cut do you have?
FCP 7 on a MacPro. However, I just downloaded the new installer on my laptop and your plug-in loaded like a charm. Works great. I'll try to reinstall it on the MacPro later. That's the machine I'll use it on.

Thank you for the hard work that went into it.
Old October 8th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #18
Trustee

Thanks Dominik,

The plugin works great. I have been looking for a plugin like this for a long time. Thanks for the research and development on this and keep up the good work.

Cheers
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominik Seibold View Post
Yes, you have to copy that folder to /Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug (or ~/Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug). But I guess the folder is already there, because you already executed the installer package. I'm not sure why my plugin isn't shown in your plugin-list. Which version of Final Cut do you have?
Hi Dominik, I'm on a MacPro as well, everything seemed to install OK but the plug-in doesn't appear in my effects palette. There is a folder installed at /Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/RGBCurves.fxplug.

Regarding the Hi-Pass filter, I guess I use it more like an unsharp mask, I duplicate the layer, set the Hi-Pass filter and then change the transfer mode, that way I can dial in the sharpening. That way you can get some subtle edge sharpening without adding a lot of noise. I shoot mostly with the 7D and with the still this method of sharpening works really well, I'm guessing that the video from this camera would benefit from this too.

Now I'm using the sharpening in Color which is OK, but it doesn't really compare to what I can do to a still in Photoshop using the Hi-Pass filter.
Chuck Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 03:51 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Spaulding View Post
Hi Dominik, I'm on a MacPro as well, everything seemed to install OK but the plug-in doesn't appear in my effects palette. There is a folder installed at /Library/Plug-Ins/FxPlug/RGBCurves.fxplug.
Please download and try it again. I've now disabled the localization-option. I don't know if that helps, but let's do trial and error. ;) Btw. which version of Final Cut do you have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Spaulding View Post
Regarding the Hi-Pass filter, I guess I use it more like an unsharp mask, I duplicate the layer, set the Hi-Pass filter and then change the transfer mode, that way I can dial in the sharpening. That way you can get some subtle edge sharpening without adding a lot of noise. I shoot mostly with the 7D and with the still this method of sharpening works really well, I'm guessing that the video from this camera would benefit from this too.

Now I'm using the sharpening in Color which is OK, but it doesn't really compare to what I can do to a still in Photoshop using the Hi-Pass filter.
But Final Cut has an unsharp mask filter. So you need a high-pass filter?
Dominik Seibold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 03:12 PM   #21
Slash Rules!

Re: Photoshop curves for Final Cut

I know this is somewhat old news, but I'd like to play with it and can't get FCP to recognize it? I"m on FCP 6, by the way.

There is indeed a library/plugins/fxplug/rgbcurves.fxplug folder, but don't see it in FCP.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 05:57 AM   #22
New Boot

Same problem here.
Can’t make it work. It installed in library/plugins/fxplug/rgbcurves.fxplug folder, but nothing shows up in Final Cut Pro.
I’m using a Mac Pro with FCP 6.
Old March 25th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #23
Slash Rules!

I just tried emailing him directly.
Old March 26th, 2011, 06:02 AM   #24
New Boot

Thaks Josh.
I'll wait for feedback then.
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #25
Major Player

This is a great thing to have... I usually use just the level corrections in photoshop (and after effects) so that would be really awesome to have. But having curves in FCP is great too, thanks.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 07:39 AM   #26
New Boot

Hey Aric, did you manage to get it to work?
Old April 4th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #27
Tourist

I got it to work........I had to change the sharing and permissions in the "Get Info" box to read and write for me. Otherwise, the folder was locked.
Pete Stone
Pete Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #28
Slash Rules!

Can you elaborate? Where is this magic box?
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:24 PM   #29
Slash Rules!

I think I did what you said. . .(me) and "staff" have read & write permissions ("everyone only lets you select "read only" or "write only") on the RGBCurves.fxplug, plug ins, and fx plug folders. I'm still not seeing anything in FCP.

This should show up in the effects tab under video filters/neat video, right?
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #30
New Boot

Can't make it work. Now if I install it doesn't create a folder anymore. Just a plugin file in the fxplug folder with the name RGBCurves.fxplug. But it doesn't show up in FCP, even if I change the sharing and permissions settings.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite