Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 1st, 2010, 08:07 PM   #1
Major Player

5.1 Audio from Audio Engineer for Final Cut Pro edit

Hi there,

I have been asked to do my first 5.1 video edit with a Final Cut edit, going to produce a master for DVD. I am completely green at the surround sound thing and, unfortunately for me, my "newness" is being even more tested by a very tight turnaround time.

I am going to be editing a multi-camera music video and once the edit is complete, I am going to be handing the audio engineers an edit with unprocessed sound and they are going to be producing and then delivering to me a corresponding 5.1 audio file for me to use in the production of the DVD.

From what I have read here and elsewhere, once I have completed the edit without 5.1 audio, all I need from the engineer is their completed 5.1 AC3 audio file of the concert edit and - seeing as it should match up to the video - all I need to do is import both the video and the 5.1 audio of the concert from the engineer into the DVD Studio Pro project and away I go - there is no handling of the 5.1 audio in FCP.

Is this all correct?

Secondly, I gather since this was shot in HD, that the final will be for Bluray which is another thing I have never had anything to do with. Is there anything I should watch out for when producing a BluRay master for replication and how do I actually present that master to the replicators?

Thanks so much in advance.
David Cleverly is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite