Preferred method - 60i AVCHD to deinterlaced ProRes? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:37 AM   #1
Wrangler

Preferred method - 60i AVCHD to deinterlaced ProRes?

What's your preferred method for converting 60i AVCHD to deinterlaced ProRes files? My current option is Cineform NeoScene which does a decent job of it. But I'm wondering if there is a preferred workflow for this.

Notes:
I received some Sony handycam 60i AVCHD video files and I want to standardize the file format 1920x1080 ProRes 29.97p. It will be edited with other footage that was shot progressively. Headed for the internet. Minor color correction and After Effects graphics.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 04:23 AM   #2
Trustee

I shoot 1920x1080i 50i on my canon HF11 which shoots AVCHD at 24mbs, I import to final cut pro to pro res LT and then export the final movie as 1920x1080i 25p. It seems to do the job well and the pictures look very good.

A similar workflow for 60i should also give good results, I find that shooting 25p in the camera makes the pictures very poor so prefer to do it through the final cut software.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 04:28 AM   #3
Wrangler

How are you deinterlacing the export? Via FCP/Quicktime or Compressor?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite