42 hours to export a 90 minute XDCAMHD file in FCP?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 8th, 2010, 01:27 AM   #1
Major Player

42 hours to export a 90 minute XDCAMHD file in FCP??

Hi all,

I have just finished a 90 minute XDCAMHD edit with FCP on our iMac i7 8gb RAM and after choosing to output to a self-contained file using the same settings as the vision/project, Final Cut is telling me it is going to take 42 hours to render.

Not believing it, I started a render before heading out to work today and on returning home this afternoon, was presented with a message that there was 36 hours remaining.

Rather miffed by all this, I attached the external hard drives to our lesser model iMac 27" 3.06ghz Intel Core 2 Duo model with 4gb of RAM and the very same render from the very same hard drives took 30 minutes.

I have checked the iMac i7 over and all appears fine.

Is there a performance setting on the i7 or FCP that I could be overlooking, or does this sound like there is a hardware problem? (Yes this is the same iMac i7 that would not handle 6 streams of HD video whereas my MacBook Pro i7 would)

Thanks again for any advice...

David
David Cleverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 02:13 AM   #2
Major Player

The other thing I am noticing of late, too, is that menus in FInal Cut don't respond for a few seconds when clicked on. You have to leave your mouse over them (after clicking) for them to eventually work...

Could this be connected?

Cheers,

D
David Cleverly is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite