Corrupt Quicktime files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 15th, 2010, 10:00 AM   #1
New Boot

Corrupt Quicktime files

I've got a folder on an external hard drive with videos in it taken from the 5D Mark II flash cards. I transferred them to the hard drive and the files were great. I've watched them several times since. A couple of weeks ago I upgraded to Snow Leopard (10.6) and FCP (7.0.3). The other day I went in this folder and all of the Quicktime files are corrupted. There is audio and the top third of the screen is fine. The bottom third is green. I saw a post about an upgrade to Quicktime a few years ago created this problem, but nothing since. I've tried manufacturers, recovery companies and utility programs. Nothing seems to fix it. Any one with the magic answer out there???
Thomas Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2010, 04:55 AM   #2
Regular Crew

You need to find out if the files are truly corrupted, or if Quicktime (or one of its installed codecs) is tweaking.

Have you tried running the files on a different video player?

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling Quicktime? Or downgrading to an older version?
Allen White is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite