Clips changed from 24 to 29 fps after Studio upgrade! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 7th, 2005, 04:45 AM   #1
Tourist

Clips changed from 24 to 29 fps after Studio upgrade!

Hi,
I've just upgraded from FCP 4 to Final Cut Studio and, after opening a FCP 4 project in FCP 5, my project's 24 fps video clips and sequences have all changed to 29 fps. Why would this occur and is there a way to get them back to 24 fps?
Thanks,
Richard
Richard T. Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2005, 01:42 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Are you saying that the "vid rate" column in the Browser has changed all sequence and clips to 29fps? This seems highly unusual. The clip info is usually embedded in the file itself. The sequences can be changed by ctrl-clicking on the sequence, going to "settings . . ." and modifying the "editing timebase" field. I don't have FCP Studio available on the computer i'm at now but will check tomorrow. Hope this helps.
Jonathan Putnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2005, 03:04 PM   #3
Tourist

Jonathan, it's my fault. I had misread some clip file information. I've looked into this further and i still have my 24fps, the frame rate was not lost in the upgrade, which is a relief...!
Richard T. Austin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite